CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT CHANGE TO MI-007
As noted in a recent listserv announcement (sent 12/9/22), the congressional district for Michigan State University has changed from District 8 (MI-008) to District 7 (MI-007). MSU will begin including the new congressional district for proposals with deadlines in January 2023 and beyond.
This evening, Kuali Research will be updated to reflect MI-007 as the congressional district for MSU and HFH+MSU HS. The change will not be reflected in Proposal Development (PD) documents that have already been created. The change will only be reflected in newly created PD’s after 12/16. Copied PD’s will copy over the congressional district from the original PD.
If you have already created a PD document for a proposal with a deadline in January, 2023 or beyond, take the following steps depending on the status:
- In Progress – Update the congressional district on the Applicant Organization and Performing Organization tabs (see instructions below).
- Approval Pending or Submitted – Leave the congressional district as MI-008.
If you create a PD after 12/16 for a System-to-System (S2S) proposal with a December deadline, it is ok to use the new congressional district (i.e. the district does not need to be changed back to MI-008).
If you have questions, please contact your OSP Proposal Team.
To change the congressional district in KR, take the following steps (steps are the same on the Applicant Organization and Performing Organization tabs):
- Click the [ X ] button to delete the previous congressional district.
- Click the [ + Add Congressional District ] button.
- From the popup window, select Michigan from the State dropdown list and enter 007 in the District Number field, click [ Add ].