Grants.gov Maintenance Outage
This weekend, July 15-17th, Grants.gov will be undergoing routine, scheduled maintenance. During this time you will not be able to search for or retrieve Grants.gov opportunities from the S2S tab in the Proposal Development module. If you’ve already retrieved an opportunity from the S2S tab you will be able to use the system as you normally would. The maintenance window is as follows:
Scheduled Maintenance Outage:
Production Environment will go Offline Saturday July 15, 2017 at 12:01 AM ET.
Production Environment will go Online Monday July 17, 2017 at 6:00 AM ET.*
*In many cases the environment will go online prior to what has been scheduled.
Pre-doctoral Fellowship S2S Submissions
Pre-doctoral fellowship applications being submitted system-to-system, where the solicitation requires the fellow to be listed as the Principal Investigator, must take an additional step in order for the fellowship student to gain access to KC. If the pre-doctoral fellowship applicant is currently a student at MSU they will likely already be included in the employee search for you to add them with the Principal Investigator role. In order for them to gain access to KC so they can certify and approve the proposal, please email the KC Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Notification that this person is a current student at the university and needs to be switched to an affiliate status in order to approve their fellowship application. It’s important for the helpdesk to know that this person already has an active record in our system.
- MSU NetID
- First and last name
- Primary department code
NOTE: These students will also need to be registered with two-factor authentication.
If the fellow is not currently an MSU student, then a full affiliation request will need to be made, which also requires you to provide an address, phone number, and email address.
Post-doctoral fellowship applicants, who are currently employed at MSU already have access to KC and should be able to approve applications without having to go through the affiliate process.
Revisions to the Notification Emails and the Action List
Based on user feedback we have made revisions to the notification emails that are sent by Kuali Coeus, as well as the Action List. The changes are as follows:
- The notification emails will now be received from the address “KCPRD@msu.edu” rather than “KCHelpDesk@msu.edu”.
- The subject line of the email to approve/disapprove/reject a proposal development (PD) document will now include the PD number.
- The COI Notification that displays in the Action List now includes the associated proposal development number.
REMINDER – Salary Budget Builder is going away on 7/31/2017
The fringe benefit calculations provided by Salary Budget Builder are higher than the calculations provided by the KC Budget Module. This is due to a difference in how the health component of fringe benefits is apportioned between the two systems. We will be shutting down Salary Budget Builder on July 31, 2017 to avoid any confusion related to this discrepancy.
The Deadline Policy and S2S Submissions
As we continue to get used to the new system, it’s a good time to look at the deadline policy and how we are enforcing the policy with System-to-System (S2S) applications within KC. For summary proposals, the policy will be enforced the same as it was with the eTransmittal system. For S2S proposals, we look at the following criteria:
S2S Submissions are considered at risk if:
- The Proposal Development (PD) document is not submitted into KC work-flow (i.e. still in status of “in progress”) within 8 business hours prior to the deadline. For S2S submissions the PD document is assimilated with the Grants.gov proposal package, therefore it is not considered complete/received by OSP if not in workflow within 8 business hours.
- All required attachments are not included in the PD document within 8 business hours prior to the deadline (some leniency may be used if the attachment is an administrative (non-technical) component that was accidentally missed when the proposal was submitted into route).
- Required attachments are still marked as “incomplete” within 8 business hours prior to the deadline (some leniency will be used if an admin/PI forgot to mark an attachment as complete and we can tell the attachment hasn’t been replaced on the day of the deadline)
- Significant components of the proposal (attachments) are requested to be swapped out within 8 business hours prior to the deadline because of major changes (an example of significant would be the PI making major changes to the project narrative within 8 business hours prior to the deadline)
We hope this helps clarify how we discern at-risk proposals for S2S submissions.