The Research Administration System, Kuali Coeus or KC, went live on April 24, 2017. This deployment provides MSU faculty and administrative staff with access to the system’s proposal development and conflict of interest modules. MSU’s research community will benefit from improved information management throughout the complex life-cycle of proposal development and submission, award administration, and compliance.
KC Information Updates
Updated Job Aids
System Implementation Updates
KC System Implementation Updates are posted on a biweekly basis.
Since going live with the Proposal Development and Conflict of Interest modules in Kuali Coeus (KC) on April 24, 2017, we’ve encountered and learned a great deal. We would like to share these things with campus and plan to send updates every Friday through the summer that will provide tips, instructions, bug fixes, training opportunities, system outages, etc. Please visit the following pages to access the KC Friday updates:
- Issue 1: Friday Updates, 5/26/17
- Issue 2: Friday Updates, 6/2/17
- Issue 3: Friday Updates, 6/9/17
- Issue 4: Friday Updates, 6/16/17
- Issue 5: Friday Updates, 6/23/17
- Issue 6: Friday Updates, 6/30/17
- Issue 7: Friday Updates, 7/7/17
- Issue 8: Friday Updates, 7/14/17
- Issue 9: Friday Updates, 7/21/17
- Issue 10: Friday Updates, 7/28/17
- Issue 11: Friday Updates, 8/4/17
- Issue 12: Friday Updates, 8/11/17
- Issue 13: Friday Updates, 8/18/17
How will faculty and department/college administrators access KC?
KC is accessible through the EBS portal and the Sponsored Programs Administration website, and will require two-factor authentication.
What educational opportunities are available to learn KC?
- Instructor-led and eLearning courses: Instructor-led courses in proposal and budget development will continue to be offered through August 2017, along with working lab sessions. In addition, proposal and budget development eLearning courses are available through D2L. For additional information, including course descriptions and registration instructions, please visit the Research Administration (RA) Project User Education webpage.
- Kuali Coeus demonstrations: A proposal development video demonstration is available at the RA Project Demonstration webpage. Budget development, reviewing and approving proposals, and COI video demonstrations will be available soon. In addition, if you are interested in having a live demonstration in your unit, please email the KC help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support materials: Support materials including job aids, videos, and user manuals are available on the RA Project Support Materials webpage.
Who do I contact with questions?
For more information about the Research Administration System (Kuali Coeus) deployment, please visit the Research Administration Project website. For assistance with the new system, please contact the KC Help Desk at 517-355-2000 or email@example.com.